Tuesday , July 25 2017
Breaking News
You are here: Home / Commentary / Tiger Woods, slowly transitioning for retirement or hibernating for a biological defying comeback!
Tiger Woods, slowly transitioning for retirement or hibernating for a biological defying comeback!

Lenox, K.
 Executive Editor-in-Chief

On Friday, March 31st on his website, world renowned golfer Tiger Woods for the third time in the last four years announced that he will not play in the Masters due to not having enough time to prepare to play.
“Unfortunately, I won’t be competing in this year’s Masters. I did about everything I could to play, but my back rehabilitation didn’t allow me the time to get tournament ready. I’m especially upset because it’s a special anniversary for me that’s filled with a lot of great memories. I can’t believe it’s been 20 years since I won my first green jacket.”

According to The New York Times, article on “Masters,” it was in 1997 that Woods championed a winning sweep with four victories in his first full season as a professional, including his record 12-stroke rout at the Masters. The article also featured many professional sport analysts, who were perhaps too fast to predict that no one was ever going to dominate golf again like Jack Nicklaus had, but Woods did.
Athletic injury is one of the major reasons that professional athletes are forced to retire before their contract even expires according to The National Football League. The League  also shared that the average age for retirement is in the mid to late thirties for a star in basketball, football, baseball and soccer. Dr. Jean-Pierre Meersseman, founder of the world-renowned Milan Lab and special advisor to Milan, said, “I think the maximum age for a top-class player is around 40. It used to be 33, 34 at the most. But again, age is just a number.”

In 2014, Woods missed the Masters for the first time due to a three series operation on his back. Woods, however, went on to play in 2015 despite not fully recovering, and tied for 17th. The same year, Woods missed the cut in the other three majors, had two additional back operations and missed 15 months of competition for healing, leading to the cascades or withdrawals and misses from other majors and invitations.
Jack Nicklaus (age 77) who retired from golf tournaments in 2005 and is still a career leader in major victories, said in an interview last month, “I think injury has a lot to do with it, but the injury is not just his body, but his mind. Mentally, I think he’s had a hard time with what’s happened, because every time he turns around, he hurts himself. And instead he’s saying, ‘When am I going to get over this?’”

Woods hinted that there was no timetable for a return to competition. “But I will continue my diligent effort to recover, and want to get back out there as soon as possible,” Woods said. Woods has the determination and a record of success. However, overall health optimizes the mental, physical, and biochemical factors that a player needs for optimal performance. This is a concept the medical community sometimes refers to as the “Triune of Life.”
“Triune of Life” fits well into Meersseman’s model of healing. Meersseman is one of the leading physicians that practice holistic medicine and has helped many athletes return to work using a model, deeply rooted in the philosophy, art and science of chiropractic. If defying biological odds for a major comeback is Woods’ goal, he seems to be on the right track by taking care of himself first.

04TIGERCLASS01-97masters BW/Lenox

About lenoxk

Scroll To Top